There are a few issues to be aware of when making a mold:
First, do not only focus on product design, neglect mold manufacturing:
Some users often only focus on product development and development when developing products or new products, and neglect communication with mold making units. After the product design plan is initially determined, there are three benefits to contacting the mold manufacturer in advance:
1. It can ensure that the designed product has a good forming process and will not modify the stereotyped design because the part is difficult to process.
2, The mold maker can make design preparation in advance to prevent ignorance in the inconsistency, affecting the construction period.
3, The production of high-quality molds, only the close cooperation between the supply and demand, in order to ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
Second, don't just look at the price, we must consider all aspects of quality, cycle and service:
1. There are many types of molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to the different requirements of parts materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., different types of mold forming are selected.
2. The mold with high precision requires the use of high-precision CNC machine tools, and the mold material and forming process have strict requirements. CAD / CAE / CAM mold technology is also needed to design and analyze.
3, Some parts have special requirements due to molding, the mold also needs to use hot runner, gas-assisted molding, nitrogen cylinder and other advanced technology.
4, Manufacturers should have CNC, EDM, wire cutting machine and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinding machine, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instrument, computer design and related software.
5, The general large-scale stamping dies (such as automotive cover parts mold) should consider whether the machine tool has a crimping mechanism, and even side lubricants, multi-station grade and so on. In addition to punching tonnage, it is necessary to consider the punching, feeding device, machine tool and mold protection device.
6. The manufacturing methods and processes of the above molds are not available and mastered by every enterprise. When choosing a collaborative manufacturer, you must understand its processing capabilities, not only look at hardware equipment, but also combine management level, processing experience and technical strength.
7, For the same set of molds, different manufacturers sometimes have a big gap. You should not pay more than the cost of the mold, and should not be less than the cost of the mold. Mold manufacturers, like you, have to make a reasonable profit in the business. Ordering a set of molds with much lower quotations can be a hassle to start. Users must proceed from their own requirements and comprehensively measure them.
Third, avoid multi-headed collaboration, try to make mold and product processing one-stop:
1. With qualified molds (test pieces qualified), it is not always possible to produce batches of qualified products. This is mainly related to the selection of the machine tool for the part, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the technical quality of the operator.
2, With a good mold, but also have a good forming process, it is best to work together, try to avoid long-term collaboration.